Click here if you are having website access problems ×

The right weight for a Rover Fflywheel , road use and 120 HP 1600 K

eric

The crown  went , fortunately without damage . It need to be welded but also to be balanced with the new AP clutch. New billet flywheel seems to be too light for a road use ( 3.2 to  4 kg ) but between 4 kg and 7 kg of the O/E flywheel  , there is may be a better choice ?

Who knows ?

Hello,

I did the swap last year; from the standard flywheel to a light weighted one. I went from 6.94Kg to 3.10Kg.

After swap, at the beginning, on road, the engine did stall very often at cross lights or little stops in towns. I did resolve this by increasing the engine idle speed to 1000 rpm by using the fantastic tool made by Revilla.

Since, I have no trouble; acceleration are very fast and idle speed is stable.

Lightweight flywheel an improvement in drivability on a seven. The original R65 flywheel was developed for the Metro at around 950 kgs.. Increases engine braking and engine acceleration which compliments the lighter weight of the seven.

What do you mean by 'the crown went'

• Leadership Team

Steve, try to imagine an extremely heavy flywheel and how it would then deaden the ability for the engine to accelerate or decelerate, it's the same effect but obviously on a reduced scale. The heavier flywheel aids smoothness but deadens the change in speed, removing that weight has the opposite effect. It's rather like trying to walk in lead boots, walking's fine but don't expect to break out into a run too quickly!

Stu.

The crown which around the flywheel was not welded ... so it moved . It can make a disaster . But in my case, no damage, just obliged to go out the engine . 

Now it is welded .

Perfect tool, but far more complicated for me, I am afraid . Only for EU3 , not for EU2 I think .Great Job however .