Click here if you are having website access problems ×

There are some oddities cropping up on the site

Golf Juliet Tango

• Area Representative

1. Duplicate posts appearing. See two of my posts in "Shining Wit" ("Misinterpretation" and "Greggs") where the duplication is not by my multiple entry as neither one is editable by me. In the "Greggs" post, one version shows as having a response but click on either and the response shows.  Neither thread is editable.  It appears to me that the duplicate is created by editing the original post.
  2. Threads I have viewed continue to be marked as "new".  As these are my own posts, I know they are not "new & updated" as the site originally intended.

• 3 weeks later...

Phew! When I read the headline I thought at first you were referring to me!

I can possibly throw some light on the matter. When clicking 'post' on finishing a missive there is no obvious message to say the post has been submitted so if there is a lag or slight delay it may seem that the entry hasn't been submitted and the temptation is there to click 'post' again. I'm certainly guilty of doing that - clicking another two times and then finding three posts appearing. It has always been a matter of confusion to me why we seem to be the only forum on the entire internet that does not allow a poster to delete a comment. If that were allowed you might find duplicate posts a thing of the past.

• 1 month later...
  • Area Representative

A further oddity is that I can no longer edit a post if I am am looking at the site on my phone (Android 8.0.0). 

I have tried various text formats and still edits do not take effect.  It is a bit of a pain.

EDIT: on different browser in Desktop mode.