Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Harness question

jackb_ms

Hello All 

Part of my rebuild I would like to change the 4 point harness currently fitted to my 21.

I have been searching the subject and I cannot find a definitive result on which brand to use.

So on a mostly road going car which brand would the Power of Blatchat suggest?

Jack

• Area Representative

I don't have one but I always fancied a Schroth harness. Good quality and seem to be easily adjustable but expensive. 
Suggest you give Simon at Meteor Motorsport a ring. I don't think he does Schroth, but he does do some very good harnesses particularly suited for a 7/21 and he will give you good advice.

I swapped mine out for Schroth this year. The main reason being ease of adjustment in a tight fitting S3 cockpit, being as they use pull up instead of pull down lap strap adjusters.

Not the cheapest but very good quality and also have their anti-submarine feature in the shoulder strap. Demon Tweeks stock Schroth.

Just got a set direct from Luke with some customisation -  very happy and match the Caterham ones that were in the car from 2004 with twist buckle.

Easy to over over the phone, excellent price and delivered in less than 3 weeks -  they are part of the Corbeau seat group. Much cheaper than any of the other options I looked at.

Is there smething in particular you don't like about the current ones?  What brand are they (there should be a label or two somewhere)?

I have Willans on my S3.  Like them a lot (3in shoulder straps, 2in lap and anti-sub).

I actually prefer the pull down to tighten - feels more natural wrt getting them tight.

Yes you can buy direct from  Willans

The Scroth ASM is on the 4 point, 6 point are naturally anti sub due to their nature.

There are variations in how the 6 points integrate with the other 4 around the buckle and the occupants thighs, V, Moustache or hoop, the key with any harness is making sure it fits and is adjusted correctly - otherwise it wont offer the support its designed to, or worse may contribute to secondary injuries.