Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Banner Battery Source Hampshire area?

Manstein

Anybody know of a retailer for Banner batteries in the Southampton/ Portsmouth area. On tour in Devon at the moment and then off to Spain on Tuesday with the L7c tour. Battery doesn’t seem to be holding charge and too late to head back north for my spare or sort out a mail order delivery.

thanks

... assuming the terminals can be altered.

You can get adaptors but you might also need some new fat cables and a bit of bracket bending.

If you can get a battery but need to do some fettling I can offer garage space in South Oxfordshire with a Halfords 10 minutes away.

Jonathan

Works for me.  It listed two in Southampton:

AUTO ELECTRICAL SUPPLIES (U271)
SO15 3BB SOUTHAMPTON
Tel: 0044 02380211988
Mail: bscanning@gau.co.uk

COMMERCIAL COMPONENTS LTD
HEDGEEND
SO30 4AG SOUTHAMPTON
Tel: 0044 01489 799999
Fax: 0044 01489 798831
Mail: accounts@commercialcomponents.co.uk

JV

Thanks for the pointers and offers of assistance I’m hoping to meet with the Devon group tomorrow at Colyford so they might have some ideas. I have a jump starter with me so not completely immobile.

• Area Representative

Beware Halfords. We went there for an emergency battery on the first leg of our Picos trip. They had one with the same dimensions as the Banner (even had a small picture of a 7 on it) but the base was slightly too big for the tray. 

Paul, Just been into Halfords Tiverton but nothing available and had forgotten it was a BH on Monday and v early ferry on Tuesday scuppers any dealers. As stated I can start it on the jumper battery and once the engines warm it will fire up. I’ve been told about a motor cycle dealer in a nearby town so that might be a possibility. I’m sure Roger will be delighted to give me a push start for the duration of the trip!!!