Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Who said it was going to be easy?

rj

Back plate was from Jenvey (second attempt which still requires a bit of a modification to not foul the chassis leg after my first flat backplate purchase was miles off) filter direct from Pipercross, though they have a different name on the internet. I'll see if I can find the invoice

It looks like the tank is dual-walled so that the space between the to walls is used for deaeration. Regardsless that's what I'm going to try. I will move it far enough to make the hose connector clear the air filter, which I also have to replace as the big and long I had on the car has too big a major external diameter and will foul with the side of the tank.  Please cross your fingers.

Neither of those Ian.

The belltank won't accept my clutch release bearing and would require some thinkering and they are hard to find. *whistle* I don't like the easyclean tank. With a little welding I will like the Brise tank.

This is better:

IMG_20190501_155232.thumb.jpg.f1a3f7b582b4cb8c3e8b592d60431108.jpg

Tight but doable. I will probably offset the tank 1/4-1/2" to the left (in the driving direction) to make sure everything clear. there'll be a lot of hoses (or is it a can of worms given the nature of a Caterham?) behind the radiator, but I think it'll be OK en the end. The new connection is an elbow to throw the oil against the wall as the original inlet did, so no worries there.