Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Brake lights always on

Alex BG

Evening,

This is my first post having enjoyed ownership of my 2013 1.4K classic for nearly a month.

I had just finished washing the car after a blat and found the brake lights are stuck on. I have found plenty of posts with BL not working which the consensus tends to be the switch in the pedal. 

I didn’t have any tools with me today so couldn’t open the pedal box, will have to wait for next weekend, any other areas I should check?

thanks

Welcome *smile*

It's usually easier to find problems when the lights are on, so that good. As both brake lights are on, I suspect the switch is the cause. It might need adjusting, mine was coming on as I accelerated soon after I built my car.

If it has the really rubbish plastic switch in the pedal box, I suggest spending a little money and swapping to a much more reliable metal switch available from Car Builder Solutions.

Duncan

• Leadership Team

This is the one that you want (if the switch is the problem)

Link

At least your light is stuck on. Mine was intermittent and completely unknown to me until I was told after some dramatic evasive action from a friend following behind. Caterham should fix this.