Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1998 Porsche 911 Carrera

New Cat

Here is the piston heads advert. Now reduced to £13,750

Early 996 (MY1998) RWD Manual Carrera, Cable Throttle, Sport Pack (MO30), Amber Lights, Sunroof Delete, 18" Hollow Spoke Wheels and Black Leather Hard-backed Sports Seats.
Perhaps what sets this car apart is the amount of work that it has been subject to above and beyond regular servicing (17 stamps in the book with records using highly recommended Millers 10w50 NT+ oil). The car was last serviced on 28th January 2019, including brake fluid and new auxiliary drive belt. The MOT (no advisories) is valid until 20th December 2019.
In the last 5000 miles:
•    Replacement low mileage gearbox
•    New aircon condensers and regas 
•    RSS semi solid engine mounts 
•    997.2 GT3 RS gear linkage 
•    Renewed rear control toe arms, rear anti-rollbar links, front lower control arms, rear anti-rollbar bushes, geometry setup 
•    New clutch 
•    New ceramic IMS 
•    New RMS 
•    New air oil separator 
•    New metal brake pipes (including under the gearbox) 
•    New Dansk exhaust silencers 
•    Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres all round (2000 miles ago) 
•    Unworn 3 spoke steering wheel
•    Child seat deactivation option
•    New vanity mirrors (both sides)
I also have paperwork to support a cylinder head replacement (@Northway) and believe the rear shocks to be recent.
The car, registered in 1998 has covered 146k miles but drives and runs like a much lower mileage car. The car and I are based in East Dorset.

I own a later 996.2 and frequent the 911 forums a lot. There are two points worthy of mention:-

1) Dont let high mileage put you off, condition and maintenance is key. There is a guy on Pistonheads who’s early C4 car is at 350k+ miles and only had an engine rebuild approaching 300k. 

2) All the things listed above, that have been done to the car, address most of the expensive repairs - RMS, brake lines, oil/air separator (ASOS) etc.

If I was looking still, this is a car I’d consider buying. The 996 is still the bargain of the range and a true super car! (I am biased though!)

Good luck with the sale.

Ian

• 1 month later...

As above, and as a 997.2 driver, the things to be worried about have been attended to and the mileage and regularly servicing makes what’s on the clock pretty much irrelevant.

£13k+ for such a car is good value and the 996 is the cheapest way to 911 ownership with the potential for future classic status.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Col, the car is due to be inspected by a prospective buyer next Tuesday who has already seen and test driven the car. They've not yet left a deposit so it's still on the market, but if you're interested best be quick ;)

Jon