Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Marketplace

Wrightpayne

• Area Representative

I think it is easier just to put BULK BUY, FOR SALE or WANTED in the title.

If I could do so, I would add this to all the posts on the front page.  After that I think posters would pick up the idea.  I believe that having all posts in the mix helps those searching for items and my or others' bulk buys.

I'd rather like colours but CAPS or emboldened CAPS will do.  Sadly we don't have colour nor can you embolden in the title.

• Area Representative

So why have we (as a club) managed to get it so wrong, when other clubs have a well set up market place with separate sections for wanted, for sale, etc?

Stu, I guarantee that if I was arranging a bulk buy with the old system, I would just have put it in ChitChat and not in the sub-section of MarketPlace. 

To see the difference in visits or notice taken between the forums, just look at the expressions of interest here https://www.lotus7.club/forum/chitchat/there-interest-bulk-buy-wicking-base-layer with the number of orders we have received so far (17 shirts ordered, I don't have the detail of how many orders this represents but can make a decent stab at the number from the combination of colour and size and it looks like 9 orders, after the four pages of expressions of interest).  ChitChat and TechTalk are busy, others are not and sub-forums of lesser used sections just don't give sufficient prominence. 

I can not say where the right balance between too few sections and too many is, nor do I think that it remains the same over time.  I do think that the forums were over divided when there were 20 or 22 and that compositing them has good points as well as disadvantages.

I no longer have the relevant data but the three sections of MarketPlace which were not "For Sale" had very few posts (which is not necessarily saying they were not visited).

Stephen,

I think the difference would be little as many use the "new and updated"

We do, however need a decent way to see in which forum section we are which would make it much easier to navigate back when the post is no longer new - IE after having logged in as discussed at Autosport.

• Area Representative

Stephen, I'm sure you realise there is a often a big difference between "expression of interest" and "here's my money/order".

*yes*   Clearly greater than I had hoped but we can always make refunds.

However the division of Marketplace is not my decision, I'm expressing my opinion.