Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Diff oil

Paul Mason

Quick question to the good people of BlatChat. 3.92:1 LSD marked SPC 3892, Ford with Titan internals, don't know what diff oil is in it, is there a universal LSD oil I can put in to top up? Also, it it like the box where you fill it until it comes out of the fill hole? Ta's in advance.

The correct oil for the Ford diff is an EP90 GL5 oil. Most likely these oils will mix ok, but sometimes people run something a bit more exotic. The filler does indicate the correct level with the car on its wheels.

If you want to be sure, you can suck most of the oil out and replace it with an lsd oiloil of your choice, I use Fuchs  Titan LS 90. It's worth changing it periodically.

Duncan

with the front section of the boot floor removed I simply add a length of flexible silicone hose onto the pull up nozzle of the castrol bottle, poke one end into the final drive invert the bottle and rest against the inside of the boot and in the bottom (now upper most) make a small hole with a screwdriver......... then go have a cuppa, 15mins later bottle empty, final drive filled, no squeezing, dripping arms covered in oil etc.

Gravity is you friend - easy !