Where is Wile?

CageyH

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Area Representative

BTW: Anthony

Thank you for your help with the car but remember there are no wreckers in the club. Different people have different approaches and different views.

Sticking to turn of the century methods, technology and styles may no longer work two decades later.

my apologies if I have upset you Stephen, I was hoping my day spent disconnecting your wiring loom and in good conversation would reassure you. I thank you for your hospitality and excellent home made bread. 

I don't really relate to your last remarks, perhaps some misunderstanding. What are we talking about? 

anthony

ah, my comment about wrecks is about the loss of all the content and links in the old blatchat, not some other allusion about people. where I typed "here" I meant blatchat.

edited as i realised what the first part was about.

• 4 months later...

Confirmation received that my membership will be cancelled at the end of the year.

It has been fun being a member of the club, but being based in the SW of France, I don't get much opportunity to get involved due to one thing or another.

So, I will be locking the shed door, and leaving the key under the mat (with a booby trap) at the end of December.

I may be back at some point in the future.

The reason for not renewing is that the membership fees for me and all of my aliases was costing me a small fortune!

• Area Representative
Kev, I'm very sorry and sad to hear this. Things do move on, our attention and emphasis shifts as life is lived.

If you return to the UK maybe you will feel that rejoining will be right.

Finding a way to give appropriate value to members outside the UK is a conundrum I have not solved as yet.

It's a tough one for sure, but living in SW France and belonging to a club based in the UK is always going to be difficult for me to participate more, especially as I don't use the 7 much, and coming back to the UK would be difficult as I am still going through the registration process here in France.

I am sure that as my daughter gets a bit older, she will be keen to go back to the UK with the "fast car". At that point, I am sure I will waft back in here as if nothing has happened....