Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cause Florida is really hot

Brightonuk

As I have a superlite I do not have a heater so loads of room in the engine bay.

I figure house the pump inverter and any other hardware in the boot  but a 12v 60amp AC compressor maybe to much for the small cat battery 

This place is just down the road from me they quoted a ballpark $2k installed

Not having AC in Florida is like driving in Scotland mid December with the top down and no heater.  

AC in a Seven is so not Sevenish.

I generally hate cars without AC but the Seven is an exempt. 

This will work:

500-ml-packaged-drinking-mineral-water-bottle-250x2501.jpg.fb78ce66ff7e09311dd0319dceac7b13.jpg

Just make sure to use enough and wear a hat. Take a shower on return. Problem solved for a lot less than $2k

Ya you right 

OK it really really....very hot and 100% humidity (-: and im at that stage in life where I don't wanna be sweating my nuts off sitting in a car the size of a matchbox stuck in traffic.

So I have three choices

1) Get the AC option,

2) Sell the Cat and go back to driving the tin top 

3) Sell the Cat move back home to the UK and buy another one 

• Leadership Team

I'm not sure about your engine configuration (I seem to recall it's a Zetec) but the preferred choice for a compressor would be to run it off the alternator belt as per a normal install. The alternator will be below the exhaust primaries so it would need to be on the opposite side maybe even facing backwards depending upon how much space you have.

You'll need an air conditioning unit - Car Builder Solutions do one, plus a condensing radiator which you might be able to be mount up front with the normal radiator. Food for thought!

I have a Rover Mini which has air-con, with a little thought it's viable to get most things into a small space!

Stu.

I presume your 7 doesn’t have a heater?

could you use that space to put an evaporator style cooler. They work by passing air over a damp membrane. I used one in my old VW van. It worked like a swamp cooler but used fans to blow air over the damp membrane. Is it something you could adapt?

For a simple blast of air one of our local club members put a tube from the front of their car to the foot well attached to a sink/bath plug that he opens by foot.

ive considered using computer fans just to get air moving around...

Evaporative air cooler, $20 or so,

74172F24-6A6E-44FE-B928-14DC23B7EC18.jpeg.c5f4210b38d6fe88cf0e6a34ca1803b0.jpeg

VW style swamp cooler.2794BD1E-A2CA-49EB-B3E3-3C4D046967AD.jpeg.3a2219ff59c09bb66133b541ce6b0f07.jpeg

• Area Representative
OK, I remember working in Orlando, 90+F and 90+% humidity. (I can't remember if it was hotter inside or outside the exhibition centre. (They only put the air-con on for the exhibition itself, fit up and strike were air-con-free)

That's why you need a bit of air movement.