Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Haynes manual and sump foam

paisesmediterraneos

Hello , I would like to buy the Haynes manual that covers the engine of my car, mi car is a 2003 1.6 K , 16 valves, wet sump, EU3. Do you know which Rover has the closest engine to my Caterham?, so I will buy the Haynes Manual of this Rover.

Another question...reading some post in the club I found that some of you are talking about the sump foam of the K series engine, do all the Caterhams K series have this sump foam??, I never heard about this foam in Rover engines. My car is from 2003 and  16.800 miles and I think they never changed the sump foam (in the case my car has it); my car was built for Spain and registered by the first time in Spain and we don't have dealers neither mechanics who knows about Caterhams and their maintenance, so I don't think that previous owners have changed it.

Regards, David

This one covers the 1.6 EU3 engine. Personally I find Rover's own K Series Engine Overhaul Manual better than the Haynes manual for anything more than routine servicing. It is very clear, well illustrated and covers all of the strip down, inspection and reassembly procedures in detail. No harm in having both I guess! If you want an electronic copy as a PDF, send me your email address in a private message and I'll mail it back to you.

1844258831_0.jpg.e4aa3ad2a30e3e5418a2bee4bd486b15.jpg