Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wanted - 1400 SuperSport or Suzuki 160

The_ASH

• Leadership Team

The 30 Roadsport limited edition cars are all post-96 chassis with tunnel handbrake so probably not what you're looking for.

My old 1400 was a 1995 car originally supplied as a "C-Class" race car. There were plenty that were bought but never raced (mine included) and used as road cars, the C-Class specification made a good value road/track car because they were supplied as standard with LSD, screen and doors, plus an FIA rollbar, but no weather gear or carpets. The only extra mine had been fitted with were a pair of S-Type seats.

I suspect that if you can find one this would be the perfect car ... mine was really balanced and massively fun on track, I miss it, although SLR power does make up for it!

Stu.

It’s amazing how many people on here who have at one time owned a 1400ss regret selling.

i have had mine now for 14 years and will never sell it as long as I can get in and out of it! For me the perfect car and now the 1.4 LE is as rare as hens teeth and much sought after.

i admit there are much quicker 7’s out there but for me the little 1.4 ss with 6 speed box scores 10 out of 10 on the fun scale.

John.

• 3 months later...

One last stab... or ...final call before I err... *getmecoat*

1400 Supersport or alternatively Suzuki engined 160 wanted. Must be competitively priced.

Leaning towards a 160 at present but only used ones seem to be with manufacturer, I wonder if they (cough) take offers? *rofl*

If not I’ll just watch the market and leave it to chance once my membership has lapsed in the next few weeks or so.