Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Temperature Sensor

Paul Philpot

1994 Supersport, 1.4. K-series.

I've had a leaking temperature sensor and decided to replace it. The new one arrived but as you can see from the picture the sensor part is longer than the original.

Any ideas?

Has anybody got one laying around their garage labeled 'things I may need one day'?

Could you take yours off and drop it round and fit it for me?

Help, it's sunny and I need to drive my car.

Paul

Sensor1.thumb.jpg.f1e6b49ddae95aa521002c14cfc236c6.jpg

Presume it is a water sensor. On my Sigma the sensor is on the water rail so it would not matter if the sensor was a bit longer (would just protrude into the pipe a bit more!) as long as it was compatible with everything else? Will yours fit without fouling anything?

From the photo it looks as though the thread on the new sensor is different to the old?

Good luck

Garth

The brown one in your picture is the ECU temperature sensor used on later EU3 engines. Not sure if it was the same on EU2 or not. I've seen ones that look like the smaller black one used as the temperature gauge sender on earlier models where the single-terminal Caterham sender is normally used. Which sender are we talking about, ECU or temperature gauge?

• Leadership Team

The brown bodied sensor fitted to the 1400K is the ecu sensor, located at the very rear of the coolant rail ... best described this way if ordering from Caterham because of the age although might be worth giving Redline a call as an alternative. Standard Rover part as fast I'm aware.

Stu.