Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Kit Car Direct

Brightonuk

I would think twice about using them to be honest. I bought some retaining channels which were not a good fit at all and they kept coming up with excuses (they all do that...) when I wanted to return them.

It's only later that I read reviews online and they do not paint them in glory at all. I should have done my homework before ordering!

Thanks I was about to drop a fair bit of cash on them and brining it all back to the US and would be rather upset if the quality was not up to scratch

I am looking for cycle wings front and rear nose cone and other bits any suggestions on places to go (I would use Caterham but just they are a little cost prohibitive) 

Reach out to UM but they are not answering emails (don't even have a phone number) which seems to be the general scheme of things in the UK.

I am trying to work with three vendors for different parts and its like getting blood from a stone to get a response from any of them.

Not saying all companies in the UK are like that (Darren over at at Caterham has been outstanding answering my endless questions) but it is really frustrating trying to get a response.

UC usually answers my silly questions, so either you ask in the wrong way or they feel sorry for a Danish lad with broken English.

This did, however, make me laugh:

Reach out to UM but they are not answering emails (don't even have a phone number) which seems to be the general scheme of things in the UK.

I've found with most UK companies it works best to write an email, call (which obviously demands a telephone No), and then write again.

I must say that this does not apply to CC - they always answer promplty.

Haven't bought from UC so can't comment. Neither have I bought from Meteor Motorsport but know they sell some carbon bits and I have spoken to Simon a few times via phone and email and have found him thoroughly helpful so he may be worth a call

I am trying to work with three vendors for different parts and its like getting blood from a stone to get a response from any of them.

Not saying all companies in the UK are like that (Darren over at at Caterham has been outstanding answering my endless questions) but it is really frustrating trying to get a response.

Absolutely infuriating, and generally unnecessary... but is the UK any different to anywhere else? Discussion of standards of service: all contributions welcome.

but is the UK any different to anywhere else?

Yes! Very much so.

One example:

If you don't follow the unwritten rules of how you communicate with a Briton you should expect no reply.

Mind you I look at you lot from the outside. This does not mean that I don't love you though. I do. Very much in fact.

I look at the issue I am experiencing (with the few companies I am trying to spend money with) as expat small business owner myself.

My customers are paramount (that goes without saying) to my livelihood and as such any call or inquiry receives a response within a 2 hour time frame if not sooner.

If I do not offer my customers an outstanding CS then they will go to my competitor without a second thought.

And to me as a small business owner I cannot afford to lose a single customer because I did not treat them like my only customer.

It takes a minute to send a response of "Hi Steve kinda busy at the mo but I will get back to you" it does not have to be a long winded response just let me know I am a valued customer with an acknowledgement. 

It ain't rocket science (-: