Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Indicator Warning Light and MOT

virden

In my 1996 Super Sprint, the light in the hazard warning switch flashes when the switch is thrown, all indicator lights flash, BUT the green indicator warning light which works when the indicators are used does not go on ..... should it?    I have the MOT coming up next week , is this a potential fail?

BUT the green indicator warning light which works when the indicators are used does not go on ..... should it? 

Not sure what you're describing... the green indicator doesn't come on with the hazard warning lights or doesn't come on with the turn indicators?

Jonathan

The green light doesn't come on with the hazards  and I couldn't remember if it did, Duckpit has answered it for me.

Incidentally Jonathan, I am surprised you are allowed in the car whilst up on the ram, my MOT tester won't allow me in the test bay let alone in the car

My MOT tester at the local Halfords always let's me assist for the test; sit in the car on the ramp, waggle the steering, even has me driving it on the brake tester. In fact one year his assistant was off ill so he said he could only do the test if I assisted officially and countersigned the paperwork!

On my ‘98 k series the green light doesnt flash with the hazards only the switch itself flashes

Re MOT - very laid back where I take mine. I’ve sat in and assisted on the test. Always have a good look under the car when its on the lift and get a proper mug of tea too!

Ian

My Tester is a former Para's RSM, perhaps that is where his adherence to regulation and detail have come from?

He is a big chap and admitted on the first occasion of testing the car that he never laid hands on one before, this became evident when checking the rear wheel bearing he tugged so hard the car skipped across the ramp and almost came off.