Click here if you are having website access problems ×

LED flasher relay

SM25T

I need to get hold of a CF13 JL-02 LED flasher relay tomorrow. I need a 13 not a 14 as I reversed the wires on my relay rail to suit the electronic flasher I fitted a few years ago. Will try a few local motor factors in the morning. Meanwhile ... anyone know a retail source where I might get one on a Saturday ? Don't even think about Halfords .... "yes we got one, but it's not the one you want, and it's not in stock: !!

• Area Representative
Car Builder Solutions is the only source I found.

I tried at least 4 garages/motor factors around Berkhamsted and they all looked competely blank. It was as if I was asking for feed for a rocking horse or for them to supply a unicorn. All I got was a couple of long waits!

CBS appears to have an equivalent to the CF14 .... and one with the terminals in a completely different order. Both would require changing the positions if the wires on the relay base. Not difficult ... But I would prefer to avoid it if possible.

• Area Representative

You have my sympathy Ian.  My experience is similar.  The really helpful, traditional motor-factor in Berkhamsted closed down, so my options are a couple of independent garages or a trip to Euro Parts or Halfords (I'm lucky in that they are only 15 minutes drive each way but that is b&^%$y waste of time when you still draw a blank).  There is b"£$%%r all point in going to a franchised garage where they can't find anything if your reply to "what's the car registration" doesn't come up with their marque.

Well ... All sorted now. Doug from Just Add Lightness turned up trumps with a new LED flasher relay that has now superseded the RDX relay. Thanks for going more than the extra mile Doug .... top man .. top service.