Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Buying

Thornberry

Hi im buying if everything is fine a 2010 caterham 150 roadsport with 8000 miles on the clock its a 1.6 ford sigma engine s.v body.

Anything about the 150bhp to look out for? All so what roughly (very) should the emissions be? Trying to calculate the car tax for it here in n.ireland.

The s.v body new is £2500 extra does that come with the lowered floors? Or is that more again.

Regards Craig

• Area Representative

Craig 

One thing that can be a bit of nuisance is that the car may suffer from being bogged down / not smooth at low speeds , don’t be too concerned as this is sorted out with a decent remap. 

I bought one about 18 months ago with that issue but once sorted it is a fantastic car. 

Go and Enjoy. 

Kingsley. 

Craig,

I also had that exact engined car for over 3 years and it was a dream to drive. It was also great at tickover.

If you can learn how to adjust each throttle butterfly and get the air intake equal, also how to adjust the throttle position sensor accurately then it should be ok. Sometimes the Lambda sensor can cause these commonly discussed problems. Maybe I was lucky. Great engine though.

Graham

• Leadership Team

Lowered floors will have been extra at the time of purchase. If you are over 6 ft they make a big difference to your position in the car. I now look through the middle of the windscreen, rather than at the top of the frame.

However, before you do anything else get yourself a 'half hood'. It will transform the ownership experience. Almost an essential piece of kit if you plan to use the car in our rainy climate.