Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Throttle Position Sensors

redjohnuk

hi, over the last couple of years I’ve now fitted 3 of the standard TPS units to my Mega Grad 1600k track day car. I’d like to get some opinions as to others experiences and solutions. Some of the standard units don’t even have slots to be able to adjust them. 

Thanks

• Leadership Team

Why do you need to adjust them? Surely when fitted you make the adjustments in the ecu to reset it ... I think with the k-series it's "ignition on / floor the throttle 4 times / ignition off" and the tps will be reset.

Stu.

Hi, think your right Revilla it is 5, but my understanding is that there is an optimum voltage output of .43v required that initiates the Ecu to make the necessary fueling adjustments. The reason I’ve fitted 3 is that the first 2 failed fairly quickly with zero resistance in the spindle.

I think what you are quoting applies to ECUs other than standard MEMS where the map sets a specific voltage and the TPS is then adjusted to match. Standard MEMS ECUs work the other way, you calibrate the ECU to match the TPS. It really makes no difference what the voltage is, so long as the ECU knows what voltage corresponds to idle and full throttle. Even with other ECUs, it doesn't matter what voltage the maps sets, it's down to the preference of the tuner, you just then adjust the TPS to agree.