Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Northampton Motorsport Lotus Seven Club Speed Championship - Round 01 - Rockingham

Comp Sec

looking at the entry sheet a good turn out for next weekends opening sprint, the finals and entry lists have been sent out direct to the 44 who have entered, and i've sent out as a PDF version via the mailing list.

Only 1 competitor is running out of Class is Roger Legg, Running in 2A but will be counted in Class 3.

For the 7 novices who join us for the first time, don't panic or worry, there will be plenty of help & guidance on the day, and don't think that any question is daft, we have all started out where you are.

Fingers crossed that the forecast continues to improve to give a fantastic opening event.

Just a heads up for anyone who has not been to Rockingham before that you will almost certainly be stopped at the security gate on the way in. It is therefore a good idea to have the admission ticket that is on the back of the Finals available. The security guard will usually be quite helpful and will direct you to the inner paddock. It is a huge site so take note of the instructions (or follow someone who knows the way!).

Feel free not to respond (I won't be offended) if this question is deemed giving away too much competitive insight!

Running in class 1 I have never ran yoko A539's before so was wondering if I should run tyre pressures as per zzs's/AO48's or not?

Looking forward to tomorrow, hoping for sun :)

Steve

I’ve never changed the pressures much across tyre types. However the pressures will be personal to your set up and driving style. 

Start with the same pressures and vary it as you move on. Tomorrow - tyre pressures will make little/ no difference. Rockingham is low grip anyhow.. I’ll be starting at 17-18psi all round and see how it goes. 

• Leadership Team

Enjoyable day today I thought, and a pretty good addition to the calendar?  Slightly on the pricey side perhaps, but a ‘proper’ circuit with facilities to match.  

Here’s to another great season...