Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Silverstone Grand Prix trackday - NOW CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER

Shortshift

• 2 weeks later...
  • Leadership Team

Hi MIke

I think we have an occasional bug with our SagePay arrangements.  You're the second person to have raised this.

I'll ask Sam to call you to complete the booking and I'll talk with Shaun about the problem.

Thanks for pointing out the issue!

James

James, you're right. *grumpy*

Normally I'm ruthless about putting pleasure before work (Mrs L7 FST knows better than to pull a stunt like Mrs Auto Addict's), but on this occasion I'm truly in a corner..

So I shall be trying hard all day on 19/3 not to think about any of you.  To make matters worse, you'll no doubt be enjoying glorious weather *curse*

• 2 weeks later...

STOP PRESS

Good news for anyone who - like me - sadly can't take the 19th off work.

I've just seen that Opentrack are running a track day on the day before ours (i.e. Sunday 18th), also on the GP circuit.  

This is priced at £275 including free tuition and is OPEN PITLANE - i.e. 7 hours of tracktime for everyone, which seems to me to be very good value, especially on a weekend.

Happy days *byebye* 

Hi everyone,

im very new to being a owner of a caterham 125 roadsport. Silverstone will be my 1st meet and track day and I’m really looking forward to it. Can anyone recommend a good hotel to stay in for the Sunday night? Also is it safe to leave cars there or do most of you guys take them on a trailer?

Jack

• 2 weeks later...

Club days have a mixture of trailers and driving there. There's not much accommodation really near Silverstone, but I have left my car in the car park of the Holiday Inn Express by junction 15 of the M1 several times over the years. Many of the local B&Bs are on farms or in little villages so are all relatively secure.