Click here if you are having website access problems ×

New Caterham Assembley Guide

AndrewB

Courtesy of a link from a Caterham Group on facebook I have only just seen the finished 'new' assembly guide.  The one they issued a year or more ago asking for comments looked really good and now the guide appears complete.  There seem to be lots of tips and tricks in there which will help builders.  5 stars from me.  

Hopefully putting a link here is not a problem. 

Caterham Cars Assembley Guide Link.

Interestingly it shows bolts going up into the standard roll bar.  Nice touches such as telling you in the earlier damper fitting section that the roll bar needs to go on first.

I haven't read the whole thing, but from a quick skim it looked to be quite well written with a welcome sense of humour - far more user-friendly than the manual from a rival, look-a-like manufacturer that a chum is currently building/grappling with. It might prove to be useful for maintenance. I was amused by the comment that you should allow a month to book an IVA test because of bureaucracy, whereas 2 months should be allowed to book a post-build check with Caterham! 

I've only had a quick look. Has anyone spotted from this or in the consultation how they will manage version control?

Jonathan

PS: I have a large collection of old Assembly Guides, Handbooks and wiring diagrams (just ask). Shaun has kindly offered to serve them here but I've failed to discern the models to which they apply or a useful way to help Members work out which they need.