Click here if you are having website access problems ×

wheel nuts

andysteele

just working through my list for the winter, at Curbourgh in August the scrutineer mentioned my wheel nuts, i have the open ended type, and she said that there should be more of the stud head through the nut. This would need longer studs, but looking around i didn't see anyone else with the same nuts, the others i spotted were of the closed head type.

i assume i should invest in these from CC Parts, they will be no more secure, just the stud not visible?

my nuts 20171001_174736_0.jpg.920499b64b7850c593f627808b733df2.jpg

CC Parts closed-wheel-nut-m12-x-15_0.jpg.6876cd806289e1ddceea7ce0639b9e84.jpg

thanks Mark.

I cant secure any more of the stud with the current nuts. I need to swap wheels over anyway, so will measure if i have 18mm coverage. new nuts just hides the situation, and i assume studs are standard length.I`d rather not have to spend £50 on upgrading my nuts if i can avoid it!

• Area Representative

Just looking at your picture again and I'm surprised scrutineering commented. Studs look to be virtually flush with the nuts. I would have thought they are fine. It seems silly that you should be pulled when others are probably similar but hidden by closed nuts. 

Thanks for the comments all.

SJM - I just looked around the other class 1,2,3 cars around and didn't spot any other open ended nuts. I did this quick look around with the scruitineer to compare as I was questioning.

Mark - thanks for the offer, will leave it for now but will give you a shout if we think it's required!