Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Harewood first time

Tony Smith

Tony,

Allow plenty of time on a Friday as the journey can be a bit of a PITA depending whether you go West or East round London. It's easier for us to go up to the Dartford Tunnel, M11 A14 and A1, but Friday being Friday it has taken us 7 hours on occasion!

We'll aim to be on the road by 10.30am latest as SatNav says 4 1/2 hours excluding stops, traffic delays etc..... If we make good time then that's a bonus as the 'circuit' wil be open in the afternoon to drop car and trailer off. We B&B in Harrogate so a nice meal for us Friday night and more than a few of us usually go for a curry on the Saturday night in Wetherby *thumb_up*

I was thinking about leaving at mid day so maybe I will start a bit earlier.

Not sure I should admit to this but we are having dinner Saturday night with friends from the Paul Matty Lotus Championship. Bumped into them walking along a beach in Tobago last year, like you do!!!

I spotted his lotus T-shirt and he my Seven club speed championship one, turned out they where staying at the same hotel  as us and the rest is history. He drives a fantastic Lotus 69 F2 Atlantic and is competing on Saturday.

Should be a great weekend if the weather forecast is correct.