Click here if you are having website access problems ×

620 owners

JNC

22mpg looks really low , ive done over 6000 miles in mine now and its definitely not that bad .

Its fairly easy to get 30 on a motorway journey and not much less ( 27/28 ) elsewhere if you are not full throttle all the time ( which is difficult on the road in a 620 ! )  .

I think that you can get too hung up about fuel costs though , in reality these cars don't do many miles in a year and the odd extra MPG doesn't make much difference to the total cost of ownership .

If you can afford to buy a 620 ( or a Tesla ! )  you can afford the extra £250 of fuel it might burn over the course of a year . 

Hi all, I'm only speaking from a 420r point of view but I'm sure the gauges are very similar. I've just returned from a 9 day European tour and got to know my fuel gauge very well as we covered 2300 miles.  I found you can go into the red and out the other side into the little white bit with the R written next to it then fill up to find you can still only get about 26-27 Ltr in it.  I think the best thing to do is learn by trial and error to see how far you dare go on a full tank.

" I found you can go into the red and out the other side into the little white bit with the R written next to it then fill up to find you can still only get about 26-27 Ltr in it. "

Exactly my point and why I felt mine needed  recalibrating .  . 

I'm on the second tank now so I'll let you know how I get on, although early indications are better as I'm around half a tank down after 70-80 miles. I suspecting the car just needed to settle in after the first few dozen miles. Transmission and general response also feeling much smoother now.