Click here if you are having website access problems ×

No cheap wheels or tyres available

Pendennis

Ha - you have a good point there, but sometimes sales work on psychology, not logic! So if you see a set of admittedly slightly tatty wheels for sale by a racer, you might think - hmm, why has he just fitted brand new tyres before advertising them? You might guess he probably got the tyres at a good discount, and so was trying to make a quick profit and move on some unwanted wheels in the process. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, in my view. But BC buyers seem to really like complete transparency, plus helpful and flexible discussions about price, and get put off easily.   But I'm sure you'll sell them soon - I was looking out for something similar recently, and I thought your price seemed OK...

Steve, who said they were tatty wheels? - the tyres have not just been fitted to advertise and guess what, I pay the same price as what you pay for ZZR's. FYI, racers do not get special discount on tyres......... And as for making a profit, gotta laugh. What is wrong with making a profit? Anyway, there isn't one not sure why this your business though, but just in case there is please could you tell me where that would be at the price I advertised them at?

Perhaps you as a buyer or may I say, a friend of yours who may be interested in a set of wheels dressed with brand new ZZR's, if you/they were/are really interested wouldn't you ask for a photo of said items? Surely you would, or would you just piss the seller off by making a totally insulting offer?

All by the by now so as they are no longer for sale on here

Not quite sure I follow your drift here, but good luck anyway with the sale - and apologies for my interfering comments! You're right, it's not my business, and I know how annoying it can be to get stupid low offers for decent goods...

I think the best thing to do is advertise them on here, and on the Caterham 7 Facebook Marketplace at the price you would like and if after a while of no reasonable offer either stick them on EBay or keep them and try again a few months later.  They are worth what people are prepared to pay.  Some will always try a cheeky offer, we all like a "bargain", in fact the more well off people are the more that seems to matter in my experience.

Photos of the condition always help to sell even if you say they are immaculate/perfect/VGC/good condition/fair condition etc etc..

Selling cars, large items can be frustrating and this is why dealers do well.

Good luck with your sale, someone will be along that was after new tyres, wheels and will get their bargain.

Nick