Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Intercom Placement

JasonNT

• Area Representative

Similar to Guf1, our Autocom was velcro'd inside boot on rear bulkhead with leads coming under front edge of boot cover.  I did a more permanent job on one of the earlier cars and drilled holes in rear bulkhead to feed the cables to hang right behind seats unless needed

I have a Peltor system which I've fixed to the tunnel top (forward of the gear lever under the dash). From there it was easy enough to run a power cable forwards to the battery, and the head phone leads back, in the tunnel and out behind the seats.

Biggest advantage is it's within reach to turn on/off and adjust driver and passenger volume.

If you don't want to fix it to the tunnel top, SBF7 do an elasticated strap.

Are you taking your eyes off the road Mr Reeves whilst fiddling with the remote! I also have the Peltor system and have velcro'd it on the dash so you can easily adjust whilst driving, such a better system than the Starcom in my view, a lot less messing about to wire it in and the added bonus is that if you run it on the 9v battery instead of wiring to the car there is no interference at all *bounce*

Alan  

Mr Reeves, you are quite right, there was no way a Starcom with its hideous jumble of wires was getting anywhere near my car, I have seen quite a few of them installed and it is crazy in my opinion but each to there own, the difference with my Peltor and why I opted for it is that there is no hard wiring to do, it is only attached to the dash with double sided velcro, so removabe without trace, it is easy to adjust whilst driving along without even looking at it, definitely no chance of any interference from the car, and finally the cost is very little more than the Starcom, yes guess what, I love it. :)

Alan