Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Car in the north

arty

Hi i am looking for a car, 1.6 engine, preferably in the north please if anyone is interested. It will be my first Caterham so i am of the opinion that a 1.6 will be fine forever as a road car. Anyone got a new car on order or thinking of an upgrade. I live in Yorkshire and actively looking now. tried a 160 which was a total hoot but i think i will grow out of it.

Richard

Well Birmingham is considerably better option than kent, budget is £14k - £20 as there seem to be loads of 1.4's for £17k ish with very low mileage but i am worried about out growing it. Also because i saw a supersport sold recently for 17 before i realised that i actually quite like the yellow.

thanks for your help.

R

Richard,

I have a 2010 Roadsport 125 (1600 cc) 8500 miles. Black with winter gear.

Currently up on axle stands - just had the wheels powder coated, going to do winter checks and some (minor) repairs.

You are welcome to come and have a chat

(Campsall near Doncaster) just off the A1

Sean

I have a 2008 car available which can be had with either a 125 or 140 Sigma engine (the 140 was actually 145 when tweaked by the 2 Steves) and either a Quaife or standard Ford differential .

Location St. Helens. Email your phone number if you'd like to discuss, all options would be within your budget

Richard,

I recently replaced mine but haven't advertised the one I intend to sell.

it's a 2013 Roadsport built on a new chassis by Sevens and Classics. It has a 1.6 Rover K Series engine with 9300 miles.

The car is Lazer blue, Roadsport cage, recent LSD, anthracite 13 inch wheels, full hood, doors, 5 speed, captive scuttle nuts so that an aero screen can be fitted, uprated master cylinder and shift light.

Well maintained with evidence.

The car is 130 bhp with a dyno report.

I'm based in Warrington.

Please PM me if you want to see some pics.

Regards

Andy

Hi Sean,

Many thanks for your reply. Its my first Seven so phycologically don't fancy black for visibility. However there is someone at my local group that has had a respray so when i see him i will ask how much it cost.

Out of interest, have you had many [any] experiences of not being visible in black?

Rich

Rich,

Yes my first seven as well and someone did say to me about the visibility of 'black'. I had thought about stripes and/or wrapping some panels - however - not experienced any problems, Apart from of course the 'muppets' who insist on pulling out in front of you or overtake on the approach to a narrow slip road - despite the fact that I always drive with headlights on.

Regardless of your colour preference (and not sure how much you know about Caterhams) but if you want to come over and have a look while the cars up on axle stands so you can see all the important bits give me a shout.

b/w

Sean

Hi Sean,

Its a lovely offer for me to pop down. I reckon it could be a lot more useful than my visit to Oakmere dealers. Can we arrange something by text?

I work in Harrogate so it would be best for me to tie it in with being on that side of the pennines.

Rich 07818 651195