Click here if you are having website access problems ×

DVA Power K05 upgrade

John Cousins

• 5 weeks later...

Just home from Milton Keynes having picked up my Caterham Roadsport with DVAPower K05 upgrade (including the mk1 Dave Andrews pink vanish tub (with optional 'carbon fibre' effect wrap) breather solution). Dave wasn't able to source an airbox for my upgrade but (subject to any power gains from the pink vanish tub) hopes to fit one at a later date. That said I would definitely recommend the K05 upgrade - very easy to drive - progressive power feed - wonderful noise! Will be out tomorrow using the rev range to help bed in the new pistons. Then to Emerald on Tuesday for a rolling road session.... 

Wow - long lead times, only a good thing though really.

I'd be interested to see the Vanish Tub breather system *laugh*

On the subject of intakes, Dave, I'm currently running the airbox you supply & fit and the car has been mapped at Emerald with this setup, but in the hunt for more induction noise (superficial I know!!), would there be any implications of moving to an open air filter such as below?

http://product-images.qedmotorsport.co.uk/resized/vauxhall/c20xe/air-filters/air-filter-sausage.jpg

I assume the fuel rail prevents the use of an off-the-shelf backplate, but other than mounting issues, would I need to worry about more serious things like AFR / a remap? 

In an ideal world, I'd like to have the option where I can have all the glorious noise on the road, but, if on a track day the intake noise is breaching noise limits I could have the option of a painless change over back to the airbox.

Very impressive, is that a typical result for the DVA K05 upgrade?

i have a feeling I might be speaking to Dave soon.......... 

And due to his popularity, I even have a chance to stash the money away without my family noticing....... I wonder if Dave will let me buy bits monthly?

I had the K05 kit, Verniers, forged pistons, steel rods, updated big end bearings and the 'secret' Vanish Laundry tub breather modification (Dave assures me this is a temporary component until he can source the airbox!). Dave did say he is (was) booked to July 2018!!! I only had to wait 9 months -  but as they suggest in various Guinness adverts - it is worth the wait.....