Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rear exit exhaust

ziplobb

In my quest to quieten my R500 K I am seeking one of the Caterham rear Exit exhausts - I understand that it will go from the 4into1 collector ad have a silencer at the side of the car and then another one running along the rear panel. BM me please.

The ones on Ebay were not the current spec CC ones , they were the size of boat anchors and trial configurations made for Euro spec duratec  cars that were in development .I think you are looking at a purpose made unit of its for a K series . 

I had a local company in Ipswich called Demand Engineering/Longlife Ipswich add some pipework and a rear silencer to the already excellent Powerspeed system I had, as well as repack the Powerspeed silencer using their materials and techniques.

Powerspeed 24" x7" side silencer by itself was 97dB, with Acousta-Fil Boa inside 94dB and now with the DE-repacked Powerspeed silencer and rear silencer it is 89dB, all at just over 5000rpm on a 230bhp 1.9K. I found that static tests were never a problem with the Powerspeed system alone. Just when barely thinking about using the loud pedal, I got chucked off the circuits.

Cost was an incredibly reasonable £300 for a morning's work. Here's my trackday heap:

http://www.mankee.plus.com/DemandEng.jpg

PS. Demand Engineering did the manifolds and exhaust system for Guy Martin's Transit van in the latest Speed series. I tell everyone this because I'm proud of the top-notch local companies in East Anglia that appeared in the programme.

Mankee

thats exactly the kind of thing I am after - do they have a 'pattern' to work to for the rear bit ? does it go under the suspension ? what sort of clearance is there on the pipe to the rear box ? lastly what induction are you running ? sorry for all the questions - Jai

email sent to Mankee - thanks 

I am going to try and get a local fabrcator to do this - much as I would luv to use experience its simply too costly to take the car from the Isle of Wight for this type of job but I now have the right inspiration !