Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Indicators not working but hazards are - any ideas?

justcallmemac

Hi,

Started the car this morning and no indicators, front or rear. 

All other lights are good and so are the hazards. Does anyone know if the hazards are on the same relay / fuse as the indicators and if not what fuse I should be looking for? (Duratec build)

Indicator controls are on the removable Momo steering wheel so a possible issue there? 

Also for info, I had a new immobiliser fitted yesterday. Coincidence? Have dropped the installer a line in case he can think of anything.

Any pointers?

Thanks in advance.

If it's the dash with the multiple push button switches, as my R400D, the fault may lie in the control board bolted to the bulkhead under the scuttle. I had issues with my hazards coming on and off randomly, which needed a new control board. There's another thread about that with images.

The board has on it, amongst other things, the relays for the hazards and indicators. There are three plug in connectors on the board which might be worth checking the fit of first. 

If it's the same layout of course. 

Cheers fellas.... 

I'm not at the car now so will have a better look tomorrow and also try to locate the relay in question.

I take it it's unlikely to be a fuse issue. Reason I ask is that my fuse layout bears no resemblance whatsoever to the order printed in the owners manual so I really don't want to go through the faff of pulling them one by one until I find what does what, especially as they aren't too easy to get to!  *wink* (Job for another day!)  

Interesting comment re the earth for the control module is possibly shared with the immobiliser. There may well be something to that as indicators were working before yesterday so I've dropped the installer a line.

Thanks again.

Quick update.

Turned out to be a slightly misaligned flasher relay, not pushed entirely home. Looked fine from underneath but once squared up the indicators worked fine. Relay must have been knocked slightly when fitting the new immobiliser.

Thanks to all who contributed. Now ready for some Autumn blatting!