Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rear brack pads replacement 2003 r300

gavingraysonr300

One that suits Ford rear brakes. Halfords or on line .... or borrow from someone local. Important that you push in the piston and turn clockwise .... same both sides. Do not turn anti-clockwise. Make sure the cross in piston is horizontal/vertical when you finish to match the lugs on back of new pad. Search for Alcester Racing Sevens website and look at 'maintenance ' section. Once you fit the new pads ... don't touch the handbrake until you press firmly on the brake pedal a few times to activate the self-adjuster inside the pistons. Then adjust the handbrake cable.

Easier normally on fronts. Pull retaining clips out of caliper pins .... remove pins .... .... spread pads apart with a lever or pliers to push pistons back ....; watch for overflow at master cylinder  ... slide pads out. then push pistons back further ... both sides together .... until enough room to slide new pads in. copaslip smeared on rear of metal backplates before inserting. Refit pins and clips. press pedal to seat pads before driving !

When I replaced my front pads I attached the soft sticky anti squeak pads that came with the mintex 1144. I don't think that was a good idea. A) they added thickness, therefore more piston retraction needed. B) the brake was squeaking so a few days later I had a look and found 3 out of the 4 pads were jammed. Took the soft pads off and everything is perfect.

If your new pads are different type than the old ones, gently use number 80 sanding paper to remove the coating of the old pads off the rotor surfaces.

Ceratec, may be better than copaslip. It  doesn't produce static electricity and doesn't attach dust. Use only very thin layer.

Ahmed