Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Emerald connector plug missing wires

HeMan

Hello,

Just trying to connect up a switch to my Emerald K6 so I can switch between a loud and quiet (i.e. fueling on the overrun) setting.  I have read the easiest way is to earth pin 35, the AuxIn, via a switch.  I don't need to be able to switch it from in the car, so something basic will do.

But, I don't have a wire coming out of the back of the connector for pin 35; just an empty space.

Does any one know ifhow I can add a wire to the connector?

Thanks

You only need one terminal and one wire seal per pin that you want to add. You really ought to use a specific Econoseal crimping tool for the job, but when you only want to do one or two terminals every now and again, it doesn't make sense to spend a tonne of money on a tool. I will probably get shot down in flames, but I've just used one of those generic multi-crimping tools and they work fine.

If you want, I can crimp a few terminals for you with some tails of whatever colour I can find in my box of chopped looms. And then all you have to do is shove them in the back of the housing wherever you need them.

I need to ground pin 35, so I am thinking I might need to find a spare pin that is grounded, hence needing two. But if there isn't one I could always join another ground wire. Either way, I don't need the tails to be more than about 20cm I shouldn't think.

Thanks very much for your help.