Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Help please - Think Automotive oil Hose for K series

glasgow

I am ordering an oil hose to do a remote SPA Oil pressure sender. Just can't figure out what length I should order.

In the archive, I read 300mm hose length. But I can't figure out where to put the sender if the hose is only 300mm.

This pic I believe is by Ian SM25T but it is not clear where he put the T piece.

here

This pic is from Alcester document. Is the sender at passenger or the driver's side?. If it is at the passenger's side, the hose will run very close to the alternator belt.

here

Can someone post a clear pic of the location of the sender please? 

Would SV cars require longer hose length?

Thank you

Ahmed

Sorry Ian, I mixed up with the pics.

Can anyone please post a clearer pic for the redundant bosses on the offside engine mount.

I take it the sender should be mount to a chassis and not to be placed at the engine side of the mount as the engine side of the mount would have the same problem of vibration.

Any suggestions about what hose length. Could I order a longer hose then "loop" it?

Thank you, Charles. You are always full of ideas *smile*

Never thought of this location, always thought it has to be attached to the chassis

The 300mm  hose should give enough length for this place. Did you just secured it with cable ties? 

Just one word of caution; I recently ordered a new right hand engine mount from Caterham. It was the lowered (VVC) version. The original one on the car (same type, lowered VVC) had the boss, the one I received didn't. So they are not always present.

Mine is cable tied to the loom as it comes round the front BOTTOM of the engine and around the sump.

But wouldn't this be at the same level of the old sender, ie subject to splashes/stones. Or the problem with the original place was just the engine vibration ?

Correct me if I'm missing something but ...

"two gauge in one, warning light in the same gauge"

... if the light is built into the digital gauge, why do you need a seperate switch and T-piece at all? 

EDIT: Reading your original post again, it appears that the idea of a T-piece crept in somewhere further down the thread.