Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Brake Pedal Relocation Closer to Gas Pedal?

smross

The brake pedal on my recently acquired '84 Sprint is located too far away from the gas pedal for me to be able to heel-and-toe. Is it possible to move the brake pedal closer to the accelerator?

Thanks In advance.

Regards, 

SM Ross

I had the same problem left-right and the throttle pedal was also too low after taking the usual adjustments to the limit. I fitted a personalised custom block* on top and towards the centreline to sort it out in both planes.

I've had a couple of kind offers to cut and shut the throttle pedal now I know the position I want.

Jonathan

* Alright then, a piece of oak stair rail. 

The easiest method is to remove the accelerator pedal from the car (not the brake pedal) and then bend the pedal so that it sits closer to the brake pedal when refitted. Do it little by little so that you do not end up bending it backward and forwards. I did this on my '96 sprint and it worked fine.

Terry

I have used the trick mentioned above by SM25T. A short piece of (I think 1inch dia) plastic waste pipe fitted in to the loop on the throttle pedal then hand crafted to suite your foot and heal and toe style. Works perfectly.

Have also pop riveted a 1/4inch wide piece of aluminium sheet on the tunnel adjacent to the clutch pedal, to act as a foot rest. This saves ankle ache and avoids riding the clutch on long trips

peter