Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Audi RS4 V8 avant

craig2003

I am selling my RS4 after almost three years of ownership.

It has a brand new warrantied engine and a load of other bits.

I have stuck a full advert on Pistonheads here

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/audi/rs4/audi-rs4-b7-v8--with-brand-new-18k-engine-and-manifold/5503231?v=b

It really is as good as it looks in the photos, with a 620R coming the Audi is no longer needed

I ran one of these for 4.5 years from 30k miles up to 80k and it was fantastic to own. Typically they haven't dropped in value at all (in fact they've gone up) since I sold in November 14.  I really miss the combination of practical, fast and discreet.

Genuinely interested why it needed a new engine - not a lot generally goes wrong with these - 3 big expense items: clutch, drc suspension failure and oil cooler pipes corroding and leaking, each of which costs between £1,000 and £1,500 to fix. This car has had 2 of those 3 sorted and a brand new engine.  

I've got no connection to Craig, but looks a good price to me given the above. GLWTS, and hope you don't miss it as much as I do!

Dave

Thanks Dave,

It has had all 3 items done, The clutch and flywheel were replaced when the new engine went in, oil coolers have maybe done 5000 miles and the DRC suspension was replaced with KW Variant 3's.

The failure was one of the screws holding an inlet flap coming loose and worked in to the cylinders scoring them beyond repair.

It has a huge dealer history and all receipts to back it up, it has been looked after with no expense spared at all and must be one of the best on the market. 

• 3 weeks later...

Provisionally sold and deposit taken.

I will miss the car, they are absolutely brilliant all round family cars, even the missus was doubting selling it. If it didn't go for the duration of the advert I hadn't really planned to renew.

The prospective owner is coming all the way from Essex and also has a Caterham

Well I ended up regretting it more and more and pulled out of selling, I just had no idea what to replace it with

I feel awful reneging on a done deal but he was a proper gent about it thankfully, I have promised to offer him first dibs when it does go. It has had way too much spent on it to part with at this time.

Thanks to the posters above who both regret selling theirs, I know what you mean.

It's a great family car too, having 5 seats is handy as our Merc only has four so none of the kids pals can come to outings etc and if herself is off to work I can't see her taking the 620R. Leaving us without a decent family car that doubles up as a hooning car for the bad days as you say.

I test drove the C63 which are fantastic machines but a lot of power through the rear wheels for a family car, a GTR maybe? For now I know what I have with the Audi so will stick with it for a while yet.

The advert has been pulled from PH now, but here it is

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk262/craighenry/20150521_102150.jpg