Click here if you are having website access problems ×

MFU for 1400 SS = part number YWB10022

colincagain

Glad I asked - I was looking at the wrong Redine! 

It has been running great.  A few days ago it turned over fine but just refused to start.  Spark fine but plugs dry and no fuel getting delivered.  Pump not making any noise when ignition turned on.  Checked immobiliser and no problem.  Checked fuel pump fuse was OK.  Then discovered no voltage detectable at fuse box.  So suspect an issue upstream that is preventing juice getting to fuel pump fuse.  Fuel pump relay seems possible candidate, which is in the MFU??    So plan is to check all connections around that area and replace MFU if necessary.  Any better ideas appreciated.  Any method  [that a simpleton could execute!] of checking diagnosis short of replacing the whole unit?

cheers

Colin

Hi  Colin.

when mine failed the symptoms were very similar to what you describe.

It is possible to open  up the Mfru and then you can see each relay.

It is possible that the relay in question has become pitted with use and age.If so clean the contacts up with some fine wet or dry or similar and see if that does the trick.

Have you checked the fuel cut off is not tripped?

If you have further problems or questions it might be a good idea to post on the tech talk page as I am sure you will get more response and help there 

John.