Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Ignition components k series R300

Bottrill

Good evening,

as part of the next service on the car I'm looking at replacing the dizzy cap, rotor arm and ignition leads as there is nothing in the history which indicates they have been changed and I'm hoping that it may help the car start a little easier when cold. 

Are there any recommendations from where to purchase? Caterham online parts seem pretty steep for such simple items.

The car is a 2003 R300 non VVC.

Thanks,

Lee

Thanks, will take a look at the TPS Phil. Rimmer bros seem good value for the replacement part and were helpful today. "genuine rover" just seem silly, £25 for a dizzy cap?? I'm sure Lucas or Intermoto will be fine. It's a Lucas part that's on it now. HT leads I'm thinking of having a set made from Formula Power after a quick search on the forum.

Lee

Right after a bit of back and forth I've ordered a set of Formula Power bespoke high performance leads. I've given measurements for the 4 leads plus coil so hopefully they will be a perfect fit. The 10mm diameter should fit quite snug under the central plug lead cover. £49.99 plus a fiver p&p which I didn't think was too bad. I've mentioned you may be interested Phil, so it should be a more simple purchase if you intend to buy. Helpful chap too.

Lee

Ian, it's taken me back a few years when I used to clean the contacts up on the dizzy cap, rotor arm on my old VWs (admittedly I was a skint student at the time) with a bit of wet and dry paper. On inspection when I bought the car the contacts had seen better days in the cap. I thought It won't harm changing them along with the the leads after 13 years/27k miles and will hopefully improve cold starting too. Good excuse for a bit of garage time and a brew over the weekend anyway.

Lee