Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Track Day Noise Test

Bizzielizzie13

It depends on the rating of the day. Find a track day near you and pop down to get a noise test for an idea on what yours is like. Even atmospheric conditions on the day will have an effect so its not a given that every day your car will hit the same target.

You aren't a million miles from Cadwell Park, near Louth. Head over there when there is a trackday on, or even head over on the Club trackday, and they will be happy to static test you.

Be warned that a static pass is only half the story, as a car can sound totally different when loaded right up and driveby noise meters get blown apart. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt, did one warm-ish lap, got told to go home.

PS. I fully respect noise restrictions at airfields and circuits, otherwise we may not have them to drive on.

I can only tell you that my similar car with a decatted collector reads between 93 and 94db at Cadwell when tested statically at Cadwell twice last month (at3/4 revs)  and at Blyton  at full revs I can spike at about 104 Db if I try hard enough. - hope that gives a rough guide