Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fia bar and boot cover

W2TKY

• Area Representative

If you buy a new boot cover, it will come without the poppers fitted.

If you buy a used one, you may be lucky and it will fit your existing poppers, but you're more likely to be unlucky.....

from memory, I think most assembly guides cover fitting a new boot cover.

• Area Representative

'just read a few different versions of assembly guide, and found them not very helpful.....

You'll need to fix the new cover to the seat back bulkhead, and then, to determine the positions the the poppers need to be fitted, stick several layers of masking tape onto the flap that will hold the new popper. Pull the boot cover tight, and then press the flap with the tape on it onto the existing popper base on the car to mark where the popper needs to be fitted.

I'd do them one by one. It also needs to be done in relatively warm conditions. If its too cold, the boot cover will not stretch at all, and if its hot, it will stretch easily, but you'll never get it on when its cold....

• Area Representative

Mark

Not sure whether you can purchase a "standard" item direct from Thundersport (Oxted) as they will only supply via Caterham. They may be able to sell you a non standard item or may be able to modify your existing cover or you could try ringing Soft Bits For Sevens to see if they can modify or supply.

i'd be interested in the results, I'm about to do the swap on my SV to a double diagonal bar. 

I'm also worried my cover won't fit, does anyone know if it's just the standard cover re-positioned to suit. Mine has the hood sticks too, does that make any difference ?

Cheers