Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham S3 K series, 1.6 supersport, 2000 remove immobilizer

Hanns Per

I want to remove the immobilizer. So far I unbundled all the cables.
One of the cables blue/slate goes from the immobilizer to the ECU Pin 72, I assume this one is the crucial one.
What does the immobilizer to the ECU? Only providing some current or a special signal?
What would I need to do to get rid of the immobilizer? Thank You Hanns Per

The ECU and immobiliser exchange coded digital signals. Each immobiliser has a unique ID which the ECU is programmed to recognise. To remove the immobiliser you will need to reprogram the ECU to disable the immobiliser feature. I think Mark Stacey at KMaps (used to be Z&F Tuning) can do this for you (assuming it's an EU3 with a MEMS3 ECU, I don't think earlier MEMS ECUs allow it).

I'm pretty sure that it only can be completely removed in combination with reprogramming the MEMS3 ECU.

If you have a MEMS2 ECU in your car (as I have) you'll need to have a replacement module for the 5AS. I don't know a supplier for parts like this in UK. I live in Germany a and got mine from this adress: http://www.m1n1.de/html/rover_5as_wegfahrsperre_deakti.html (unfortunately it's only available in German). 

Works very well. I don't need this annoying keyfob any more. And I'm not longer afraid of a malfunction immobiliser ...

Regards

Dirk

Hello Hanns Per,

just recognized you're from Austria ...

So may be my link is very helpful for you. The solution they provide is much cheaper than the one from Caterham Austria. Additionally they give you a 'lifetime warranty' for the module ...

Regards

Dirk

• 4 weeks later...

It can be done on the EU2 ECU - and I know how to but won't post it here. It's darn easy if you have a programmed key and immo box.

If I'm going to reveal the details I need a PM with proof that you are actually the owner of the car.