Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Quantum Racing Suspension Lotus 7 Club Speed Championship - Round 05 - Gurston Down

Comp Sec

Gurston Down hill climb are now accepting entries online - http://www.gurstondownentries.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=3&product_id=4

Please note that this event does fill up quite quickly and we have had competitors who have not been successful in previous years.

If you are dual driving you can complete both entries on a single checkout.

Closing date for entries is 29th April 2016.

• 3 months later...

I know you have all probably discussed this  ten times, but try as I may I can not work out the reason, so please can someone explain why:

Class 4 (competing in different kit from last year) have their PB's from previous years shown on the results sheets.

Class 6 (competing in exactly the same kit as they set their PB's in) don't have their PB's shown?

???

Thanks,

Lynn

I know you have all probably discussed this  ten times, but try as I may I can not work out the reason, so please can someone explain why:

Class 4 (competing in different kit from last year) have their PB's from previous years shown on the results sheets.

Class 6 (competing in exactly the same kit as they set their PB's in) don't have their PB's shown?

???

Thanks,

Lynn

the original plan was to reset the PB's totally this year along with the records due to the changes in classes, however it was felt this would be unfair to those improving to remove any target.

Whilst the class 4 limit has increased to allow R400 & 420R to fit into Class 4 rather than the now unlimited class 5, in real terms all cars currently within Class 4 are the same as last year.

We have allowed competitors to submit PB's in previous years declaring that they are correct for the spec & class they are competing in, however no one has actually approached me with that this year.

This has been confusing me also but given I thought that all PB's should be wiped I thought they were there for reference.

It does confuse.

Chris the cars or at least some of the cars in Class 4 are not the same and they also have significantly harder tyres. 

If anyone gets to any record in a class 3 or class 4 car I will buy them a BIG bottle of Bubbly !

It's already been agreed at last years dinner that all records are being reset for next year, so all this years class winners will be next years records holders because of the changes. PB's will be a discussion point at the end of year dinner to either leave as they are or reset to this years times.

Rob, for the purposes of the championship PB's are class dependent as they are used for the Edward Lewis. have a look at section 1.6.3 of the regs.

I've no problem if somebody wants to propose a change for next years regulations that this can be debated and voted upon, but changing the way we record and use the PB's could either result in anyone moving down a class never being able to improve there PB, or anyone moving up a class walking away with it. 

At present our PB system is as it is.

• Support Team

Hi Chris - So if Gill submits her PBs to you as appropriate for class 6 (our car is unchanged so this is the case), can she compete for Edward Lewis?

That would be great.

Shaun

Thanks Guys,

But yes my point was really why are competitors in Class 3&4 where the cars are different from before eligible for the ELC (albeit with little hope), but competitors in Class 6 are not eligible for ELC. So thanks for confirming that Class 6 competitors whose cars met Class 6 specification when the times were set can retain their PB's.

Lynn 

Lynn,

it's not about class 6 competitors not being eligible, but about anyone moving class.

The default position is that the PB's are tied to the class they were set in, if anyone feels that the times which were set in another class are applicable to where they are competing now  then they can ask for it to be considered.

For example someone competing in Class 1 , then subsequently competing in Class 5 in an R500, would not be in the spirit of the regulations to allow the Class 1 PB to be carried into Class 5.

It's always been the case that we have tried to work with competitors rather impose, and i'm only an email or phone call away.

Chris

as someone who is not  in the EDward Lewis group due to class jumping my observation 

The current class 6 is the same as the old class 5. Same tyres same spec cars just with FHR. The championship has just changed the class number not the spec.

if I got this wrong sorry.

i can see the logic of keeping all PB in all classes. Class 1 and 2 should be slower due to no tyre warming.

class 3 slower due to tyres and no tyre warming

class 4 more bhp but less grip tyres and no tyre warming

class 5 new class so no EL

class 6 as per old class 5

class 7 same as old 6

I do however think class records need resetting as they no longer representative of the classes.

david 

I'm one of the few 'affected' as my current class 6 car is the same as the car I was running in Class 4 with the exception that I now wear a FHR i.e same cage, same tyres so Comp Sec has let me carry my Class 4 PBs forward to class 6