Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tillet seat width adjustment

andygoodliffe

Hi all. I am trying to work out a way to fit in the Tillet seats in my new car. From the lower back down they are super comfy but my rib cage at around chest height is wider than the seat and extended driving is not possible as its too painful. My car has lowered floors and the area involved is above the transmission tunnel so there is space to make the seats wider at this point. Has anyone solved this problem? Can you heat the seats up and alter their shape? Is there any one that offers a fitting service?

I know tillet offer wider seats but they won't fit in a Caterham and would be too wide for my hips etc..

thanks for your comments....

Don't think I've seen that asked before or answered. 

If there was a wedge of suitable foam between your upper back and the seat would that move you into a wider part of the seat? You could then recline the whole seat to compensate. 

And having found the needed adjustment that would leave the question of tidying the solution. I'd talk to Tillett and Oxted about that.

Jonathan

• Area Representative

Have you tried a set of the carbon kevlar tillets if you have the black GRP ones in your car.  They look very similar but I find the carbon ones much better for overall comfort

• 3 weeks later...

Andy, if you have a SV chassis you might have a look here http://www.jkcomposites.com/7s-page.html I showed these seats to CC but they weren't interested, i mounted a pair in a SV chassis with lowered floor,the only thing you need to do is bent the arm of the runners to clear the chassis rail

If you need any pic e-mail me your address in a PM and i'll send you some pic.