Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fitting an Odyssey PC680 to an S3

Bob L

Banner is dying (3rd one), Just purchased an Odyssey PC680 from previous ancient threads on what’s recommended and now awaiting delivery. However, I’m unable to view the pictures of how best to mount these in a S3 K series. I believe the cross member is too close to mount flat but has anyone been able to do this? I don’t mind fabricating a bracket. Otherwise its vertical with packing.

Anyone got any pics of their install I could view?

Will I require longer leads for a vertical installation?

I would like some protection on the terminals regardless – any recommendations / suppliers?

I’ve read through most of the archives (I think) but any comments and tips welcome.

When I fitted a Powervamp PV25 (same dimensions as the PC680?) in my old Supersport, I installed it vertically, using the existing battery tray and some packing. The packing was the dense foam from the PV box, and withstood underbonnet heat without problem. This method works even better if you wrap the battery and packing with heat insulation.  And the existing leads fitted ok (just).

JV

Powervamp do a neat aluminium bracket specifically for the PC680 which holds it very securely. It comes with pre-drilled mounting holes and is very simple to fit. They are £18.50 including postage from Powervamp or their Ebay shop.

Let me know if you want a photo of my install with this bracket and battery.

Rob

I moved things around a bit and mounted mine on the scuttle.  The advantage of mounting it flat is that it doesn't topple and tear out its mountings in a crash and short out against the exhaust, as happened to me a few years ago.  The purpose made bracket is well worth the money, or make your own like I did.

Terminations are Allen screws.  I got some terminal shrouds from local auto electrical factors,Durite catalogue, not sure what size I used.

large_IMAG0508.jpg.c15b490d39af898a022d2dd8e4546282.jpg

IMAG0509.jpg.0c6dc0610deb68afaec7c55e6efd4e6f.jpg

Yellow tape is so the marshals know which wire to cut.

Paul

The bracket was too wide to fit where the existing battery had been so I fitted the bracket in an upright position a small amount of cutting and filing was required and then riveted it in place and added a couple of small angle brackets as can be seen in the second picture 

the battery is held in place by the ally section across the back of the bracket fixed with two nuts and bolts.

I. Have the s3 chassis, I think if you have an sv you would have enough room to lay the battery down