Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Carbon aeroscreen

ScottR400D

Well, I fitted my new aeroscreen. No problems really, got the knee panels off easy enough, fitted the captive nut bars and bolted the aero on. 

As I've read with others, the screen, although fitting pretty well on the whole, has a gap underneath it on the RHS. If you look across the car it also sits a little higher on the RHS, at a slightly steeper angle. 

If you push the top down on the RHS, so that it matches the left, the gap underneath reduces but I cant see any way of making that shape change permanent.

Any ideas?

I'd post an image but cant figure out how to, it seems incredibly difficult?

• Support Team

Top tips on using the forum can be found here: http://www.lotus7.club/forum/chitchat/forum-user-guide:

To insert a picture that is on your own computer:
Position your cursor where you want to insert the image in your post, and click the Image button (resembles a couple of mountain peaks).
Click "Browse Server", and then "Upload" in the top left of the new window that appears. Selecting "Choose File" will open a file explorer window where you can choose the image file that you want to upload and click "open".
Click "upload" and after a few seconds your picture will be uploaded to the server, and appear highlighted in your own folder. Click "Insert File" at the top of the window and the image will appear in an Image Properties window where you can change the size if required, or simply click "OK" to add it to your post.

I think a gap under the screen in places is fairly normal and not much you can do other than fit some trim strip or something.

However, if the screen is asymmetrical then consider lengthening or enlarging one of the holes on the sides.  I had to modify both holes just to get mine to fit.  Try unbolting the screen, but keep the center poppered down.  Then you can move the 'legs' about to see where they need to be for the best fit.

• Leadership Team

I have to say that I have the same issue and, whilst I am usually inclined to cut CC a bit of slack, this particular issue makes my blood boil.  Simple fact: the screen that they currently sell for however many hundreds of pounds just doesn't fit....  Not only the 'bowing' but also the fact that it is canted up at a ridiculous angle and relies on the action of the centre poppers (or whatever fixes you are using) to pull it down under quite a bit of tension.  In the end, I sealed the gap with some 3mm self adhesive foam but that's not the point.

Interestingly, on my previous car (2004 vintage) the carbon screen was moulded with a 'return' feature along the surface that fits to the scuttle panel, and this not only fitted better anyway but it presented a good flat surface to fit some foam tape to.  No such luck with the latest version - just the single thickness edge of the moulding.

As I said, not good enough for the price that is charged.

James

The hole alignment and fit might be seem 'correct', but in your current positions they are causing some asymmetry.  If your right hand side is sitting up too high, then that suggests the right hole needs to be enlarged rearward slightly, allowing the right leg to sit forward a bit more.