Click here if you are having website access problems ×

How to Refurbish Black Pack head lights

michaeljclark

The surface coating of my headlights is flaking away leaving a black headlight with dark grey patches and they are looking sorry for them selves.

I'm rather hoping that they could perhaps be repainted or (as the SVC site suggests that they are power coated in Satin Black), re power coat them?

I could also replace them, but CC are having a laugh if they think I'm paying £115 for one, when SVC can supply 2 with the correct harness for the same price.

Or maybe someone has a pair of 5 3/4" head lights that have been removed from their 7, that are cluttering up the garage?

Mike

Richard got his powder coated at a place in Uckfield I recall. I would be tempted to remove them and spray with black satin smoothrite .... after cleaning back to sound material. Terry probably has stock of 5.75" black headlights.

Thanks Ian, Smoothrite was my 1st thought, can't make it any worse......

Jonathan, I'm happy with brightness as they have some Night Breakers (or similar) on board. 

I'm trying to spruce the 7 up a little : Nose cone mesh and 7 need doing, so do all 4 wheels (the powercoat is coming off) as well as the headlights and the Carbon "bling" is not as "bling" as it could be.

Mike