Click here if you are having website access problems ×

R400 D - Electrical problem.. i think

Tomiam

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smiffy, 

Had a day off from work so got the 2nd set of logs done.

1: http://www.filedropper.com/smiffylog2

2: http://www.filedropper.com/smiffylog2lsn_1

Experiment was run as follows:-

Start up car and leave until coolant at 80degC or higher.
Turn off engine and leave it until coolant was done in the mid 60's.
Start engine on button only and leave to run for 2mins.

Observations: Car started fine on the button both times. Didn't stall after being started the 2nd time.

I don't know if this helps at all, but at the very least you have a couple of sets of logs for comparison.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tomiam,

Thanks very much for taking the time and trouble to run these tests for me it is much appreciated.  Apologies for not replying sooner but I have been out of the country for a bit on business and only just back.

Glad you do not have the same problem as me and all is OK.  

From your logs your Lambda acts slightly different to mine.  In the early stages and it seem to start to read correctly faster then mine - I did a comparison of my logs on my lambdas ( I have the one I thought was faulty and compared it to my new one) and they are comparable, yet slightly different to yours.  When mine get to a certain temp they drop from a high voltage reading down to about .4V then after a few more seconds they rise to about .8V and then suddenly switch on and read normally (after about 60secs) .  Yours stays at the high voltage and then switches on with out the drop to .4V ??

Therefore I explored the heater side of both thinking mine are warming up slower - I get 3.6 Ohms across and when plugged in (and not in the Cat) you can feel them heat up so the heater side works - which scuppers the theory of the heaters not working.  

I still think that both Lambdas are OK and this is is just a quirky set of conditions as the car drive perfectly OK 

Next step is to get CC to increase the  Warm up timer and whilst there I will get them to check the Sensors as well (but this will have to wait until well into the new year.

Just for info is the probe you have the bosch 0258 003 229

Hi Tomiam -- I hope the car is still running sweetly.

I've now installed Easimap 6, so thought I'd try it out by looking at some of your logs.  What do I need to do to download them from filedropper?  When I click on your links, I just get the upload screen.  Do I have to set up an account or am I missing something really basic?   (I've never used filedropper before -- I guess that shows!)

JV

Hi John, 

All is running very well thanks.  Just replaced my rear brake caliper and taught myself all about the brake system whilst doing so.  Frustrating at the start, but feeling satisfied now Ive got my heads around how it works :)
No engine running troubles at all , which is great!

Those links should be working, the only thing I can think of is that the files have been deleted by filedropper.   I use my wifes laptop from work, so will have to wait a bit before she goes back and I can grab the files off them again for upload.
I may have them on a memory stick at my work but doubtful.
Soon as I have them I shall upload.

I dont believe you need to be logged in to download them. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John, 

Laptop re-acquired and files uploaded. :)

Link1: http://www.filedropper.com/smiffylog2
Link2: http://www.filedropper.com/smiffylog2lsn

After cllicking on the link, scroll down a little bit to the download link. Dont be caught out by the "download now" message at the top.
Just tested them and both links give a download screen.  Any problems, please dont hesitate to ask.  

Many thanks.  The files downloaded without problem.  Now I need to learn how to read the graphs -- I'm working my way through the Easimap helps.  Once I've done that, I'll be off to do a couple of logging sessions on the 7.

ETA:  All that will have to wait, however, as long as Stokes and Bairstow continue to mash the SA bowling!

JV