Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Haynes manual for Duratec.

Expat

I have recently procured a 2012 superlight r300, but very little information. To partially fill this gap could someone tell me which Haynes manual should be procured please so that I have, at least, something on the engine? Browsing the net shows about four versions of this engine none of which corresponds to the one in the car!

This is the one I have:

Model number DHE420; serial number E4057/003 - KM

Help!

TBH I don't think there is much to learn from a Haynes of the vehicles that also use the Duratec/L engine. Most of it will be irrelevant (bodywork, suspension, electrics, exhaust etc.) and the engine installation in a Caterham is obviously quite different ( cooling/oil circuits, loom/ECU, inlet manifold and throttle setup, exhaust/after treatment, driveline etc.).

Most of the detail about the ancillaries is in the CC asembly guides and if you were going for a full strip down you'd probably either already know what you were doing or be using the full service manual. 

Many thanks to all for the info.

I think that the comments on the Haynes manual are only too true but since the photos. in the CC online manual differ from what I've got I was hoping for some basic information. Now I have 20Mb of .pdf to wade through. Well, it should keep me occupied and out of the bars through the winter. Tried Le sevener but found nothing specific to my engine.