Click here if you are having website access problems ×

TTV flywheel and clutch for K series

jp7

Hi all,

I'm taking my engine out next week to go back to Oilyhands for a refresh.

My flywheel and clutch are original 20 year old bits, 1.4k lightweight flywheel and AP uprated clutch  and I thought about replacing them. I'm sure the fingers on the cover plate have lost their springiness...

Is anyone using the TTV bits, they do a 'lite' flywheel that weighs 3.2 kgs and a 'race' flywheel that weighs 2.4kgs. The clutch is single plate 184mm diameter.

Just wondered if the race flywheel and clutch was still ok for road use etc

cheers

Andy

I have their 3.2kg flywheel and it's great. Made a huge difference over standard. Not sure I'd want to go any lighter as it does impact drivability. Can't comment though on the race version however Ben at TTV recommend the 3.2. Give them a call.

Andy, if you end up going to see TTV in person, let me know as they are only over the road on the outskirts of Ipswich. I have not visited them for a while though.

I personally would go for their "standard" lightweight flywheel and then a "standard" AP Racing clutch, which isn't that much bigger or more massive at 190mm. You might find that the lite flywheel comes in at 3kgs anyway, a little lighter than the conservative quoted weight of 3.2kgs.

We have run a TTV flywheel with an AP pressure plate and friction plate on our race R400 for the last 3 seasons excellent product and of great quality, When we fitted it during a full engine re fresh it was checked for balance and was spot on but was then re balanced along with the crank and nothing was removed from it. I have not been into the workshop at the change of location as yet

Many thanks guys for the replies, much appreciated. I must admit the AP clutch I've had has been fine but I see that Caterham wants 380 quid for a new one, hence looking around.

Does anyone happen to have the part number for the AP bits please??

how does the TTV flywheel compare with my caterham supplied 1.4 'lightweight' one, I suppose when I get it out I can weigh it..

I'm unlikely to head down your way Mankee, although it would be great to meet up, its too far and I'm using up my garage brownie points at a fast rate, I'm off to Frankfurt motor show for the day on Wednesday, look at all the new stuff. Never done that before but got some uber cheap tickets so off we go:)