Click here if you are having website access problems ×

GPS speedo

Juju

Try a HOLUX GPSport 245, I've had one for ages and am very impressed.  It can be used in Car, Bike, Running and Walking mode.  It is powered by a re-chargable battery and has a back light.  It can also record your route and plot it out via your PC to show where you've been and what speeds you were doing at various points.  I made a simple alloy mount for mine the utilises the centre poppers on the scuttle rather than use the bike mount supplied (which is on one of my bikes). Hope this helps, John A

I have a Holux 245.  Worked well up until I upgraded my TomTom for this years European trip.  On day one the TomTom froze to a grey screen and lost all satellites.  I rebooted but at the worst possible moments for the next day or two it did the same.  Swapped units with another car and both worked well, put the Holux in another car and his Sat Nav played up.  Ditched the Holux now for an old iPhone with a £1.99 speedo app.

Very strange how you do as we say Ooop North

I have been using the HOLUX GPSport 245 for three years now, very pleased, battery life is good even with the backlight on. A good feature is you can add a POI to your track whilst your driving, handy for remembering a place for future reference like a pub/cafe etc. And it's cheap. 

I've just got a GPS speedometer from JJC Raceandrally  it  is battery powered and lasts 22hrs comes with window mount and USB charging lead  it glows green at all times so no problem at night and it's nice and small.

I have compared it speed wise to my Road angle and they read the same speed .the car speedo reads about 5mph more than the GPS and Road angle. 

I